Sunday, October 24, 2010

Remember These?

SPONGE CURLERS!
And the hour of sitting still while you're mom tugged and pulled on your hair to get them in.
And the sleepless nights because they are not comfy to sleep in!
(there is some slight exaggeration in those)
And I'm sure one day I swore I would never put them in my daughters hair!



Well, I did it.


And I think it'll be the last time I do it, too!


Or at least with the smallest curlers. Next time I'll use larger ones!
...unless she's dressing up as Annie.

4 comments:

Rappleye Family said...

I totally remember those! how funny!

Jenn said...

She's too cute!

Melissa and Lance Atkins said...

Haha! I kept trying up into high school to make those little curlers work on my hair, but nope. I finally gave them up for good!

Ashley said...

Yes, we did pink sponge curlers growing up. Gotta love the sponge curler memories. She is such a cute little model for you.

Here is a post I made back in April that you commented on. http://lanenga.com/familyblog/?p=3088
Have you tried it yet? It would probably be tight curls at first, but then soften up. I usually only use four socks (so it's really fast) and then divide each curl in half once the sock is removed.