The Mikesell's 2011 Medical Year
(And it's only the beginning of March...)
(And it's only the beginning of March...)
Ryan's deductible met.
Jan 19th: Celeste slammed her finger in a heavy door. Her whole finger was swollen and black and blue. Thought it might be broken so we had x-rays on it. Turns out it wasn't broken.
Celeste's deductible met, which means the family deductible is met.
MID-JANUARY AND OUR FAMILY DEDUCTIBLE IS MET! (how sad)
March 4th (Friday): Caleb has a horrible "junky" cough and fever so I took him to the doctor. I normally don't take my kids in but I was worried this time. Caleb got to have a chest x-ray. Results were bronchiolitis pretty bad and pneumonia starting in his left lung. The poor guy is on two antibiotics and nebulizer breathing treatments. Thankfully I listened to my gut feeling and took him in. I'm afraid he would have been one sick little guy by Monday.
A year for x-rays? I guess I'm the last one. Hopefully I won't need one! But since our family deductible has already been met, we're just working on meeting the out of pocket! With all this said, I really am grateful for my families health. We are truly blessed with great health most of the time. I am also thankful for modern medicine. It's amazing.
Hope everyone is staying healthy this winter!



5 comments:
Seriously!!! Stay out of the hospital!!! I am soo sorry!! That is not any fun at all! I hope you all are better soon!
Wow! We wish you all better health and accident free. Just today tyler pinched his whole thumb in the hinge of a door. Its swollen but not black or blue, but not broken. It's the worst feeling!
We miss you.
And grateful for medical insurance! Maybe your just getting it all out at once. I'd rather meet it at the beginning than the last week. Not sure if I should wish you better luck or better health. I guess both.
Oh boy-- that is so crazy! I guess at least you've got the insurance, and now you don't have to worry about meeting the deductible for the rest of the year! (course now you probably won't need it... :) Get better, and hopefully you can all stay that way for a while!!!
Poor little guy. Hope he's feeling better!
Post a Comment