Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gingerbread Girl

Remember this picture?

For Valentines Day, my mother gave us the books Gingerbread Girl, Gingerbread Boy, and Gingerbread Cowboy. Celeste loves the books, therefore, we read them often! Along with the books, mom gave us a kit/pan to make our own gingerbread girl. 4 1/2 months later, we finally got around to making our gingerbread girl!

I asked Celeste if she wanted to come open the oven and look at our gingerbread girl. She got a very worried look on her face and said, "No! She'll run away! We have to leave the door shut!." So here she is looking at her gingerbread girl in the oven!


(please excuse the outfit. She dressed herself!)


I'm not a huge fan of gingerbread, so we made our girl out of sugar cookie dough!
Celeste had lots of fun decorating her.

Finger licking good!

I think the "hair" was her favorite to eat!



Our finished gingerbread girl.




Thanks mom for the gift! We had lots of fun creating our Gingerbread Girl!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I love it! Celeste is just such a cute little girl. I love her! :)

Mitch, Manda, and the girls said...

That looks like so much fun! I think Maddi would love doing that. Especially the candy embellishments.

Emily said...

What a fun idea! I also dislike gingerbread, so I'll have to try to sugar cookie approach. LOVE the pictures! Celeste is getting so big and is such a doll!