It is official. We are homeless. On Friday, May 4th we closed on our beloved first home. I miss it already. However, I'm super excited for our new house to be built. We closed on the property Monday, May 7th. That night for family home evening, we had a small ground breaking ceremony. Hopefully we can get started on the building soon and have a house again!
Here is our lot. It is on a corner and this is taken from the corner. It's a subdivision that doesn't have many houses yet. So what you see is more than just our lot; it's many. Our lot is about .34 acres. Big enough for us. :)
Here we are digging our small hole
Everyone had to have a turn
Those are the cutest homeless kids you've ever seen, right?
Caleb enjoyed stomping through the dirt as we piled it up
The start of our hole for our house :)
I will be posting updates as the house is being built for my keepsake. Hope you don't mind!



8 comments:
You're not homeless! lol
I cannot wait to see the progress!
Melissa thats such a cute idea to do a ground breaking! Wow! Fun! Where exactly is the house going to be built?
I love that you had a groundbreaking ceremony. Such exciting things! I really hope someday we can follow and have some of the same exciting things for our family! :) Also, I will love following your updates and I think it's great that you are keeping a record. Your kids will love it too when they're older and don't remember a lot of it so well. So happy for you guys!
What a cute idea. So now that you are homeless, where are You going to stay? How long do they anticipate it will take to build your home? If we buy this house we'll have about The same size of yard...yay for good yards. Congrats
i love that idea! i'm so excited for your family.
Such a fun idea! I live the pics of the kids digging. I'm so excited to follow the progress on your blog!
and that would be love - I'm not so great typing on this phone =)
So exciting! This is such a cute post! :)
Post a Comment