I thought I'd do a quick post to answer all the questions I had about the pictures. So, the first question was what do I use as a backdrop? I dug through my mom's fabric stash and found big pieces of different fabric. So it is just a piece of fabric. I think a bed sheet would work great, too. The next question is where do I set up? It's different every time. I go where I have a lot of natural light. Some were taken in her room, others in my room. Now the lighting I'm not good at. You can't tell very well because of the dark background but there are shadows. People have told me natural light is the best and an overcast day outside is the best lighting. The pictures of Celeste in the purple top ere taken outside on my deck when it was overcast. That's why there aren't any shadows! The first pink picture Celeste is just on the floor, but the rest of them she's propped up on a boppe. The last question is about the camera. I was borrowing my friends nice camera to take these pictures. I was using a Canon Rebel XT. It is a nice SLC camera with 8 mega pixels. Now I don't know a lot about cameras but I think you can take these pictures with any camera, but the more mega pixels, the better they are going to blow up to an 8x10 or whatever.
Speaking of cameras, I'm looking into buying me a new camera. However, I don't know what to get or even look for in a new camera. Therefore, I am taking a digital photography class in a few weeks! It's just two different Saturdays for 4 hours each day. You are supposed to bring in your own digital camera to learn how to use it better and learn how to take better digital pictures. Since I don't have my own nice digital camera, I'm going to borrow my parents nice camera they just purchased. I'm hoping in this class I will learn a lot more and figure out what I want in my camera that I'm going to get someday. (Probably for Christmas...) I'm excited about it and will let you know how it goes! If you have any other questions, go ahead and ask me but I'm not a pro and really don't know much on this topic!



4 comments:
The best place to buy cameras are newegg.com I'm telling you killer deals. I'm talking 1GB cards for ten bucks. (unheard of). I bought my camera a Fujifilm 10 optical zoom & 7.1 mega pixals which at the time was the best camera on the market. I got everything bag, tripod, card, screen cleaner & protector & battery charger set for under $200. Check it out you won't regret it. Also I have an email from Tiana braking down the camera setting if you want it. Good luck your doing great!
Good Luck! Keep good notes and share them with me!!! :-)
MISS YOU!!!!!
Thanks for the info! I am so excited for you to take a class! That will be great!
I loved the pictures of your sweet little girl. She is getting so big and I can't believe how much she smiles. I can never get Hailey to smile for the camera, she's always too busy trying to eat it.
Post a Comment