Wednesday, February 4, 2009

9 Months Later...

Celeste has stuff on her walls!!
Yes, it's embarrassing that it took me 9 months and there's still one more thing I still need to do I just have to find someone with a router or buy one myself.
I copied these letter blocks out of a catalog. My sweet husband made them for me and I painted them. I think they turned out pretty cute.If you remember, we painted these teal stripes on about the bottom third of the wall and are accenting in pink. (If we have a boy next, we'll accent in a "boy color.") You can kind of see the bedding my mom made us. It has a bed skirt, quilt, and valances to match. Thanks Mom! We have had it since before Celeste was born.
In this corner, there is a decoration my friend, Jena, gave to me (thanks Jena!) and a picture of Christ.


I made this clock at Jena's house a while ago to match Celeste's room.

(This picture makes it look like the walls are blue and the valance is green, but they really do match!)

The walls are still a little plain, but not near as bad anymore! The only thing left is a board with vinyl words that say, "I Am a Child of God."

11 comments:

Carissa said...

Cute! I can't wait until we can be in a house and actually PAINT Ashlyn's walls. I love the letter blocks you guys made.

Jenn said...

Hey It's been 14 months and Ashlee's wall are still kind of bare and she still doesn't have any curtains or anything up!!!!

emily said...

thats really cute! I love it. has Kara had her baby yet?

Unknown said...

Her room is darling!! I haven't done anything for Tyler's walls either, I think it is too overwhelming to decide!! hehe

And great job on the blocks Ryan and great painting Melissa! :)

Jena said...

Cute! Hey, if you guys know how to use one, you can always borrow our router. If we had a free weekend anytime soon, I'd help you out, but we're busy for the next couple weeks. Just let me know if you want to use it. Oh, and I haven't heard yet but has Kara had her baby?

Emily said...

What an adorable room! I love the Celeste blocks. It all turned out great!

Pete & Kenna said...

Cute room! I am starting to get stuff hung on Kaylie's wall too. Time just flies and it's hard to get all the little things done..

Pete & Kenna said...

Our camera is a Kodak z1285 12mp point and shoot camera. My hubby says to use manual settings too. It works pretty well, your pics are really good too. We need to do more photo shoots of Kaylie.. :)

Sandy said...

Her room looks adorable, you did a great job. Someday I'll re-decorate Hailey's room but I figured since I moved I didn't want to bother with it again while being in an apartment...but with a house is nice to have that chance to do so.

Aggieland Mom said...

Cute, cute! I've been working on Alex's and the new baby's room too. Only I can't paint! You're lucky!

Mrs. Wallace said...

Cute! I love the name blocks! It's always better than never :). We miss you guys, hope that everything is good!