Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Today was my due date. Was. On June 18, 2009, Ryan and I went to the doctor for our first appointment. During the sonogram, we discovered there was no heartbeat. I will never forget the picture of that child on the screen. At 9 weeks, I miscarried that sweet baby on Fathers Day, June 21, 2009.
It's been on my mind a lot this week, however, I'm trying not to dwell on the past and look to the future....
....Because we have been blessed with another sweet child! I am 19 weeks pregnant and all looks good! We hopefully find out the gender of the baby on Feb. 3rd. Any guesses?

17 comments:

Jenn said...

Wahooooooo
I'll say BOY!

Ashley said...

Congratulations!! Another girl?

Rappleye Family said...

WHOA!!! AWESOME!!! That is sooo fun!! Congrats!! Hmm maybe it will be a boy?? I had no idea you had a miscarriage, I am so sorry!!! Can't wait to find out what it is!!!!

Anonymous said...

A boy?

Kimra Bham said...

Congratulations on the new little one!! How exciting! My guess is another girl :)

Anna said...

I am so sorry you had a rocky road this summer (I have been down that road, it's awful), but I am excited that things are going well this time around. A summer baby will be perfect! I can see you adding another girl to the family! Enjoy all the little kicks and joys of being pregnant! Our little ones truly are miracles.

Giles Fam said...

CONGRATS!!! I say another girl. Seems like they come in pairs. :)

Monette and Mark said...

I'm sorry to hear you miscarried. I had that experience at the Courtyard. That's so exciting that your expecting again and all is well. I think I'll guess girl too...

Jena said...

I had no idea you miscarried last year! But I've been checking here all this week to see if you had anything new to announce - I had a feeling you were expecting! Best wishes to you!

Jena said...

Oh, and I say BOY, too!

Green's said...

I hope it is a girl so Celeste can have a sister. Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! Oh my goodness, you kept that a secret for a long time! The beginning of your post made me so sad, but I'm so glad it ended with such great news! I am so so happy for you guys...so exciting-you just made my day. And I love having two girls, but I'm guessing boy-I bet Ryan wants a little Junior running around.

Harrison's said...

Definitely understand the mixed emotions. I'm SO happy everything is going well this time. We love you! Oh and Jared says 2 girls and 1 boy (the 2 girls are hiding behind the one boy right now) and I say 1 boy =).

Emily said...

Congrats! :) I'm all for you having a healthy baby, regardless of gender! (but my guess is boy!)

Unknown said...

HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!! Oh I am so thrilled for this new baby to join your family ( I say BOY). You did keep this a secret for a long time and understandable. You two are amazing and so strong. Love you guys!

emily said...

I understand both feels. Bitter sweet! I really don't even know what to guess. I'm sorry I didn't reply to your email. I totally forgot about it. do you still want me to send that to you? I'm pretty slow. sorry.

Steven and Becky said...

We are guessing a wonderful, healthy little BOY :-) and he will parobably look like the Chadwicks!!