Grandma Dee
October 18, 1915 - November 20, 2011

Ryan's Grandmother passed away yesterday morning. Playing cards was one of her favorite things to do. We would often play "Oh Darn" together as a family. I love this picture of Grandma. She has two of her favorite things with her: a hand of cards and a Pepsi! If you've ever played games with me, you know I can get competitive. Grandma Dee used to always say I was an angel, until she played cards with me a time or two. Then it got to the point she wouldn't sit by be while playing cards anymore. I usually beat her. We loved to play cards together! Some things she said to me while playing were, "That's too bad honey." Or "I take that back...you aren't an angel!" I will miss Grandma Dee. I will miss the conversations about World War II, her childhoood memories, and Grandpa Don. Grandma Dee was a fiesty, but strong woman. She was 96 years old and still lived at home. She passed away in her blue chair; right where she wanted to be. About a month ago she said, "I want to go spend Thanksgiving with Grandpa." She got her wish and I'm sure it was a joyous reunion with Grandpa and all her siblings. Grandma Dee will be missed but never forgotten. We love you, Grandma.



2 comments:
I'm sorry for your family's loss. How great to know she is still surrounded by loved ones. And what a sweet, strong woman! I hope you got her secrets because living until age 96, at home even, is such an accomplishment these days!
so sorry about your loss. she sounds alot like my 93 year old grandma. what a sweet reunion she is having!
Post a Comment