One of the more positive things about a death in the family is it gathers the entire family together. Our Thanksgiving this year was more of a family reunion. We spent 4 days in Utah with lots of family. Many stories and memories of Grandma Dee were shared. It was a fun time and great to see family we don't get to see enough.
Grandma Dee
We love you and miss you. You will never be forgotten.
We love you and miss you. You will never be forgotten.

For Thanksgiving dinner, we had between 50-60 people in one house. This picture is just the upstairs! It was fun :)
Celeste at the cemetery. All the great and great-great grandchildren that are about 12 and under sang "I Am a Child of God" at the graveside services. It was so neat and so touching. I cried my eyes out. I wish I would have gotten a picture of it but there were so many other things on my mind and a sleeping baby in my arms.

Grandma Dee's casket

Grandma Dee had two daughters, 10 grandchildren, 27 great grandchildren, and 6 great-great grandchildren. We had to take the opportunity to get a picture of everyone. I believe we were only missing one or two people.

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving with so much to be thankful for. Hope you all had a great holiday, too.



2 comments:
Really nice post, sorry to hear about your grandma.
I am glad you got to visit with family :) It looks like you had a pretty good thanksgiving overall. Where in Utah were you at? I don't think you said? Oh, and I loved the pics of the kids in their costumes, so sweet!
Post a Comment