Monday, April 21, 2008

Pregnancy Update

First of all, this past Saturday my wonderful friends threw me a baby shower. It was a great party and I couldn't have been happier. Thanks girls! Here are a couple pictures from it.


Last, I think I spoke too soon when I said I've had an easy pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, my pregnancy has still been great and easy, but things have gone a little down hill the last few weeks. About 2 weeks ago, I came down with what I think was bronchitis. My doctor gave me some antibiotics but it didn't really take care of it. Now it's in my head/sinuses. Then yesterday, I came down with pink eye and it's spread to both eyes. And Ryan's been in bed all day long with the flu. We're just a bed of roses over here today! My feet have also started to swell. This is the worst they've ever been. This picture was taken last Friday night. It's disgusting, I know, sorry!
Yesterday I couldn't get on any of my Sunday shoes so I had to wear my Crocs to church. That was embarrassing.


Keep checking the blog...our nursery is almost complete so I'll post pictures of it soon!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh Melissa! Those feet look oh too familiar!!! Maybe it happens worse to those of us who have girls... Or maybe its our mother's family genes?
Love you!!

emily said...

oh my heck your poor feet. That makes me want to cry. Thank you for curing me of my baby hunger. LOL that was a quick fix. Your parties looked fun. Isn't Guatar hero so much fun?

emily said...

Thank you for your concern, I just talked to my mom and they sent him home about 10:00. We'll see what happens in the next couple of days and in 3 months, thats been the pattern. so hopefully we can avoid surgery this time.

Unknown said...

Oh Melissa, You poor thing! I hope you get to rest them often. Your parties looked super fun, I like playing Wii and guitar hero. And we loved the 70's costumes! :) Can't wait to see the nursery pictures.

becky ward said...

oh, i can so relate to those feet! when i was pregnant with owen i would put my shoes on to go to work, take them off while i drove, and then when i tried to put them back on to walk inside i couldn't get them to fit. take it easy! i can't wait to see the nursery!

Emily said...

Your party looked like it was great! I'm so sorry about your feet. You're almost there! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the feet. My doctor told me to keep them up and put cold compresses on them for as long as I could stand... it did nothing. There's just no way to get rid of the "cankles" and flip flops become your only option. Thanks goodness its not the middle of winter!

Aggieland Mom said...

Melissa darling, your poor feet! I hope you're getting plenty of rest You are almost there!

Rappleye Family said...

When does the baby come??