Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Birthday Girl

Happy 1st Birthday, Celeste!

Has it really been a year already? I can't believe it.

To celebrate, we had all our family that lives around here over for dinner, presents, and cake. We had a great time! Thanks everyone for coming, your love, and your support!

Dinner
We had one of Celeste's favorite meals, pizza! She is a great eater and will eat anything, but seems to really love pizza! She ate two pieces tonight.


Presents
Celeste was starting to catch on to opening the presents. Thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts. We appreciate you all a ton!

Ryan and I got her this little ride on/push toy. She loved it. We also got her a little water table to play in outside this summer.In this box was a super cute outfit from Aunt April (my sister)
Aunt Kara, Uncle Drew, and Cousin Elsie (my sister and her family) got her these cute jeans/capris

The puzzle came from Grandma Dee (Ryan's Grandma)

In this box was a yellow outfit from Grandma Mikesell (Ryan's mom)

Grandma Mikesell also got her this swing. We had to try it out after we had our PJ's on. She loved it!

Cake
Sorry folks, I don't have any cake decorating skills. This is as good as you get! Celeste loves cake and thoroughly enjoyed eating it tonight. Even though the cake was kind of ugly, it still tasted yummy! (I made it from scratch)

Hum, sprinkles, never seen these before.
No problem, it's still edible.
She really didn't make that big of a mess with it. Of course, this wasn't her first time eating cake either. We only had a few crumbs on the floor and some that spilled down into her lap. (What she didn't eat was just a pile on her tray.)
I think her tummy was full so she decided I should finish it off.

We feel SO blessed that we were able to have Celeste. She brings so much joy and love into our home. We love you, Celeste!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That year did go by fast! What a wonderful birthday celebration. She is a doll and such a big girl now! You did an awesome job on that cake!! Plus you made it from scratch, that beats out any cake from a box no matter how it's decorated. I like it!

Jena said...

Wow, 1 year old! Happy Birthday, Celeste!

Jenn said...

Looks like you had a good time! I wish we had been local!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday, Celeste! That cake looked GREAT!

The Crook Family said...

Wow...it seems like you had her not that long ago. Wish we were closer to join in the festivities. You are looking really good! Happy Birthday Celeste.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Celeste! It looks like she had a good time.I wish her and Jordan could meet each other. He likes pretty girls.

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

One year old already?!?! Be careful, it goes by even faster from here on out! Looks like a great party, and I have to say I am jealous that she eats so well! I have to chase McKyla around the house trying to get her to eat, unless it's candy. Celeste is adorable by the way!

Rappleye Family said...

WOW A YEAR!!!!?? I cannot believe that! How fun!