Let me take you back to this post. It's the post of my two younger siblings running in a 5K and 1/2 marathon. In that post, I mentioned they inspire me to start running and I'd keep you posted on it. Well, I'm here to tell you I ran my first 5K yesterday! I DID IT! I began running a couple months ago knowing this 5K was in July and was determined to run in it. However, after a month or less of running, I had to quit because of a health issue. To be honest, part of me was disappointed knowing I wouldn't be in the 5K, but the other half of me was excited I wouldn't be running anymore. But just 2 weeks ago, I was able to start running again. I knew 2 weeks wasn't very much time to get in shape for the race, but I did it anyway! I owe a huge thanks to my sister who pushed me. I really just wanted to finish the race and that I did! It was a family outing. This is a picture my family that ran the race:
Drew (bro-in-law), Quinton (brother), April (sister), me, Dad
Drew and Quinton in the front to start the race. I think it was the forest service fire guys that put the race on. All the guys in the blue are on forest fire crews and were in great shape. They were fast!
Here's Proof: I'm coming in to the finish line!
This picture is quite embarrassing, but I thought I'd post it anyways. I figure it'll get some good laughs. I was excited I finished the race and didn't walk at all!
Let me also tell you...remember the "pose" I posted of Quinton when he finished his 5K (you can refer back to this post)? Well, I did the same post when I crossed the finish line, just for Quinton! My mom didn't know I was doing it so she didn't get a picture.
Dad and April when we were waiting for the awards.
Quinton's pretty silly
We had a great time! I did win a door prize (just a lovely hat and t-shirt). There were a total of 104 runners and I came in 54th. Not too bad for only running 2 weeks before the race!



10 comments:
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats for finishing!!!!!!
Nice Job! That's awesome!
That's SO AWESOME Melissa! Great Job!! (And I love that your Dad ran it too -- and that he wore shorts -- so great =)
NICE JOB!!! Very inspiring--I will run one...someday! :) Good Job!
You are my hero!! Be proud of your great accomplishment, and running has to be better when you can run with family. Great Job, Melissa!
THATS AWESOME!! THATS SO COOL!! Way to go! Ya I am somewhat familiar with Jon Schmit. My little bro played a few of his songs on the piano and I think some are on EFY cds? Congrats!
You are amazing!! So proud of you!
Our sister pictures were taken at JCPenny's in SL.
thanks for your comments on my pictures. I have been so nervous!
I haven't purchased a new camera yet, so I'm still using my Fujifilm it's a good camera except for the blurriness in the tree thing. Hopefully I get a christmas bonus & then I'm totally buying the Nikon D5000. Love it!!!
That is awesome! I am so proud of you! I've been telling myself I will start running for the last couple months and haven't! I'm so proud of you! I love the pics too.
Congratulations! You did an awesome job! Way to go!
Post a Comment