Saturday, July 25, 2009

Modeling

Back in my younger years, I was involved in 4-H. We didn't do the animals, but did sewing and then we modeled the clothes we had made. They always have a public "fashion review" where all the contestants modeled their clothes for the public. It's not near as big now as it used to be when my sisters and I were involved. This year, the theme was something to the point of "clothing throughout the years" and they asked my sisters and I to model some clothing as "vintage models." My mom told them she didn't think we'd do it unless we could bring our daughters on stage with us. So that's what we did! I, however, don't fit into anything I made so my mom and I made Celeste this cute dress the night before! (They only gave us a day's notice)
I apologize that the pictures aren't the best quality due to the lighting in the theater.
Here we are walking around on stage.

Celeste got a lot of "ahhhs" when she waved to everyone. Towards the end, Celeste just sat down on stage. I had to pick her up and carry her off! We got some laughs at that!

My sister, Kara, with her daughter, Elsie. Kara made her outfit when she was in 4-H and made Elsie her outfit the day before.
And this is my little sister, April, modeling the formal she made her senior year of high school.

So you can see the dress a little better, here is Celeste after the show once we got home. She is always on the move so I had to be fast taking the pictures while she was running around!
She's so precious! We love her to pieces!
I think the dress turned out so cute! Thanks mom for your help! The pink band goes around and ties into a big bow in the back. And I don't know if you can see or not, but I made matching bows for her pig tails. I love it!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

what a cool way to show off your talents. Seriously, Melissa, you are super talented (as is your whole family it looks like) I love Celeste dress! She is such a grown up little girl now!

The Tucker Family said...

You are so talented! The dress is adorable! And so is Celeste! I wish I could sew...

Kimra Bham said...

Seriously- that's some great talent!!! Everything looks so great!!! I need to learn how to sew.... :)

Celeste is such a little doll!!

Jenn said...

The dress turned out cute!!

Cassie and Mark said...

I LOVE Celeste's dress!

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO cute!!! Celeste is your little mini me! She is adorable in her dress, & I love the little hair bows too! we miss you!!!

Pete & Kenna said...

That dress is adorable! I can't believe you made it that fast! Your sister's dresses are pretty too. That looks like a lot of fun. I love the pics of Celeste, she is so dang cute!

Emily said...

What a fun thing to get to do! I love the dresses! Celeste is such a doll!

Kirk and Janelle Tingey said...

Oh man - she is so big!! I can't believe it!