Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Halloween

To me Halloween is a fun kids holiday. What do kids like more than dressing up and candy? This year we had Tinkerbell and Peter Pan. My amazing mom made Celeste's costume and I made Caleb's. I may have a biased opinion, but I think they were the cutest Tinkerbell and Peter Pan ever!

THANK YOU MOM for making Celeste's costume!

I made her wings and shoes. I was quite impressed with how they turned out!


So cute!

I can't believe I actually did this, but for our ward Halloween party, Ryan and I dressed up as plumbers. This isn't a very good picture, but the only one we got.

We had a parade and marched across the stage. A friend of mine took this picture of me. I decided to not just walk, but to dance across the stage. How embarrassing.

I didn't get a picture of the back side, but as you can probably tell, I did have a "plumbers butt." I don't think I've ever had so many people staring at my rear end before. In my whole life!

Here are the little ones playing the cookie walk. Well, Celeste is eating her cookies and Caleb is rolling around on the floor messing up their numbers!

We won a prize for our costumes! And yes, I realize they misspelled funniest!

Carving Pumpkins! It was fun to see Celeste so excited about it now that she's older.


Caleb sat and watched us carve pumpkins and ate crackers!

Finished pumpkins

We got a lot of compliments on our pumpkins from Trick-Or-Treaters. Speaking of Trick-Or-Treaters, we had a record high this year of 250!


We had a fun Halloween and hope you all did too! Let the Holiday's begin!!!


8 comments:

Jenn said...

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

those are awesome costumes you guys made for the kids! they looked so cute! I noticed celeste's shoes right away-you are so crafty! and i am so proud of you for dancing across the stage.....your plumbers costumes were hilarious!

Ashley said...

Homemade costumes... definitely impressive and wary cute! And yes, gutsy plumber costumes. Love it!

Shelley said...

Loved all your costumes! And Trick-or-treating was so fun with you guys too. So sorry about the picture of you and Ryan at the party. :( I should have snapped two just for good measure. I didn't notice he blinked.

The Tucker Family said...

Loved all 4 of your families costumes!!! You're kids are absolutely adorable!!

Mitch, Manda, and the girls said...

You guys were too funny and the kids were absolutely adorable!

Harrison's said...

Melissa their costumes are SO cute! I looked at this last weekend when we were driving but didn't want to try and type a comment on my phone. I can't get over Caleb's costume. He looks so grown up. I would say I can't believe you made it...but I can, because you're amazing like that! Thanks for calling the other day.

Emily said...

Okay, you had me LAUGHING over here! Those costumes were awesome! Your kids were adorable; I need to learn how to sew like that. :)