Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lagoon Day

Saturday, July 21st was BYU-Idaho Alumni Lagoon Day! We decided to take advantage of the discounted ticket prices and enjoy of family vacation. We left our hometown the evening of Thursday the 19th. We stayed in Evanston, WY that night and then made the rest of the journey Friday morning. We met with some interior designers at the place where we'll be getting our flooring. We picked out carpet, hardwood, tile, and paint colors. That was exciting! Then the rest of the day we just hung out in Layton, UT walking around the mall, eating at Olive Garden, and swimming in the motel pool.

Saturday we had a busy and fun day at Lagoon. Celeste and Caleb LOVE the rides. I took these pictures with my old point and shoot. I'm not used to the delay so this is the best I got!




Ryan looks a little big for this one! ;) Anything fast or drops you, Celeste loved!

Celeste playing with another little girl that joined them in their helicopter.

I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of Celeste on the big roller coasters. (Or the biggest ones she could ride.) Her favorite rides were the Ferris wheel and all the fast ones! Caleb loved it all and I'm sure would have loved the fast ones, too, if he would have been tall enough to ride them. Ryan got to sneak away and go on Wicked and other adult roller coasters a few times. I wasn't as lucky and only got to ride Wicked and Colossus once each. I am discovering I'm not as young as I used to be and the heat got to me quickly. Therefore, I had to spend a good portion of the day under a tree resting so my lunch didn't come back up. :)  Speaking of lunch, BYU-Idaho provided us with a free lunch at one of the pavilions and door prizes! If you know me well, you know I love door prizes and winning things. I caught a Frisbee (more like stopped it), and I won a t-shirt! I was excited! The other highlight of the trip was seeing our good friends, the Blacks! Thanks for letting us join you! We hope to go back next year!

3 comments:

Rappleye Family said...

FUN! Lagoon is close to me, kinda :) Miss ya!

Ashley said...

Wish we would have known about this, maybe we could have found you there!

Looks fun. Sounds like Celeste is super brave!

Brock and Kristina said...

Fun! Glad you guys had a good time! I love vacations