Saturday, July 18, 2009

Rendezvous Weekend

Here in Riverton, Wyoming it's RENDEZVOUS WEEKEND! It's a great time! Pictures don't do it justice; it's something everyone should experience! Last night (Friday) they had the car and bike show. They close off Main Street and everyone parks their old, fancy cars along the street to see. On the side roads, you can watch the "burnouts," where they burn out their tires. Then you have guys pushing kegs down the road with their motorcycles, seeing how far they can get. But don't forget the weenie bite! The man drives the motorcycle real slow under a hot dog and the girl is on the back and takes a bite out of the weenie! I know, only in Wyoming... I didn't get any pictures last night. We couldn't stay too late because Celeste was ready for bed so most of the "festivities" hadn't started. (They have to wait until people get a few drinks in, if you know what I mean!) The part I love the best is people watching! You see some very interesting folks at the Riverton Rendezvous!

The next part of Rendezvous Weekend is the hot air balloons. It's tradition in my family to get up really early to watch the hot air balloons take off Saturday morning. Even though my family didn't go this year, Ryan and I still took Celeste. She enjoyed it. Here are a few pictures of the Hot Air Balloons. There were probably about 25 of them.

If anyone wants to experience the fun, let us know! We'd love to have you! We've got extra beds and are always anxious for visitors! We'll see you next year!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

One year we will come during that! Maybe next year!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's right up your alley Meliss! I love you and your cute little family.

Unknown said...

Way cool!! We will have to come visit you sometime during this time! Love ya

Liz said...

Wow!! I just saw you there and you got the pics up way fast. You're such a good blogger. It was also great to see you in church!

Emily said...

I love the hot air balloons! It looks like a fun time!

emily said...

Oh my heck. That seriously reminds me of my childhood. Just had an Awww moment. ;) thanks

Pete & Kenna said...

We may have to visit you sometime in the near future! That looks like so much fun and it'd be good to see you sometime! :)

Sandy said...

Looked awesome I bet Ryan would be sad he missed it, I know he's still hoping we'll end up in Riverton so who knows we could be neighbors. Then you wouldn't be able to get rid of us haha. We'll see though, in the mean time I just won't show him your blog so he's not jealous and or home sick for good ole Wyoming.